The Correctional Services Healthcare Summit is dedicated to the continuum of care into the community.
The Correctional Services Healthcare Summit covers topics such as:
- Providing Care for Patients with Various Co-morbidities
- Clinical Pathways and Care Planning in the Correctional Environment
- Improving Outcomes through Research
- The Role played by Nursing and Allied Healthcare Providers
- Exploring the Possibility of Needle Exchange Programs in a Correctional Setting
- Hepatitis C and its Impact within Prison Communities
- Indigenous health
- Addressing the Gaps in Prisoner Mental Health, Cognitive Functioning, & Social & Emotional Well-Being
- A Dementia Friendly Prison Health Service: What does it Look Like?
- Smoke-free prisons - Lessons learnt
- Providing Care to Pregnant Prisoners. A Model of Care: A Multidisciplinary Approach
- Considering Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) within the Criminal Justice System
- The Need for Ongoing Health Care when Transitioning from the Correctional System in to the Community
The Correctional Services Healthcare Summit might be held in Melbourne, Australia in 2022.