The Suspicious Activity Process: How to Identify, Monitor, and Report Suspicious Activity, to include How to Write a Good Suspicious Activity Report is a webinar that covers topics such as:
- The money smells like marijuana. Is this something I should be concerned about?
- How can I talk to my customer about currency transactions without getting into a "felony moment"?
- What are the Red Flags for Elder Abuse?
- The customer told me that she is hiding money from the IRS, should I tell BSA?
- What are the Red Flags for Identity Theft?
- What are some of the scams for loans and mortgages?
- Sample Incident reports for operations, loans and branches
- When do we tell the BSA officer, and what should we use to communicate?
- The customer had me count $15,000 cash and then went to safe deposit box, should I let BSA know?
- The customer washed and ironed the money. Is this suspicious?
- We did not book the mortgage loan so why should I tell BSA that the identification and TIN did not match?
The Suspicious Activity Process: How to Identify, Monitor, and Report Suspicious Activity, to include How to Write a Good Suspicious Activity Report is intended for:
- Account opening staff
- Front line BSA/AML staff
- BSA/AML Officers
- Risk managers
- BSA/AML Audit staff
- Compliance Officers